Guess who’s back?! It’s been awhile since my last post, and for that, I apologize. I’ve actually been ENJOYING some time off (pun definitely intended). Since the last time I wrote, I’ve been on a quest to discover and pursue my passions. While some may think I should be pursuing a new job, during my last six-plus months of unemployment, I noticed there was one piece of advice I got repeatedly from some of my most trusted peers…
“Enjoy it while you can!”
What does that even mean? Who enjoys unemployment? For the first three months, I could barely get a full night’s sleep, wondering what was wrong with ME. Well, there’s nothing wrong with me. In fact, nowadays I tend to think what the hell is wrong with some people (hashtag #realtalk). When I came to that conclusion, I was able to sleep longer than usual with no regret. And, I definitely don’t spend day after day sitting in front of television (my dad would be proud). I have so much to tell my loyal followers who have been along my side and invested in this journey!
I was on the phone the other day with a woman I know professionally, who was asking about how things were going for me. I explained to her what I had been doing (as I will explain to all of you in the days and weeks to come) and that I was actually enjoying my unemployment. She went on to tell me how she followed my blog and was excited to hear what was next to come. She wished me the best of luck and would be looking forward to my next blog post. I admit, I was floored! People that are not related to me actually READ this blog?! That was all the inspiration I needed. So here’s my short list of accomplishments to get you caught up while I work away at wordsmithing some more posts for you to enjoy! I thank you for taking YOUR time to enjoy this while you can.
Yes, you can actually accomplish things when you’re not a slave to the grind.
- Discovered my passion for volunteerism (aka ‘working for free’)
- Saved Flo’s life…literally (just a little allergic reaction to chemo, no biggie…)
- Designed a new home office (5 years later)
- Became a starving canvas artist (shopping at Michael’s ain’t cheap!)
- I am enjoying LIFE! (we all should try it sometime)
- Wait, I’M a business? (Hello self-employment!)
- Lost 20 pounds and counting (detox, detox, detox)
- Surviving financially (learning how to make Abe cry)
- I’m refocused, re-energized and ready to hit the ground running!
- And I’m enjoying my unemployment…while I can! (time is ticking…)
Stay tuned for more posts!